Piano & Keyboard
The Piano is the most complete and diverse instrument in the world. Melodies, harmonies, rhythm and bass lines – everything is possible. And thanks to the technical possibilities on the keyboard, there are no limits for even the most unusual of sounds.
Are you a beginner or already advanced? Do you finally want to learn to play something on the piano that's used as furniture in your room? Or do you just need a new input to strengthen your skills on the piano or keyboard?
You determine what your piano or keyboard lessons consist of and your teacher will fully commit to your personal, musical wishes. Do you want to be able to accompany Pop songs? Or do you prefer film music to play for yourself? School Of Rock offers lessons in Rock, Pop, Blues, Metal and Jazz. Our modern lesson concept will guide you to your musical goals.
Do you successfully want to learn to play the piano or keyboard? Then apply for a trial lesson now!
- Do I have to be able to read sheet music to play the piano or keyboard?
- It's not necessary to be able to read sheet music to play the piano or keyboard. But depending on what music you like and what level you'd like to get to, it might make sense to learn to read sheet music. You can talk about what is best for you with your teacher.
- Do I have to learn to play the piano before I learn the keyboard?
- No, it doesn't matter which instrument you start with. Just choose the instrument that interests you the most.
- Can I learn the piano and keyboard at the same time?
- Yes you can. The keys are the same on both instruments. Each room is equipped with a piano (digital piano) and a keyboard, so that you can easily play and try both instruments.
- Do I have to buy lesson material?
- Generally speaking no, because we have a lot of material readily available for you to use. But it might make sense for you to buy a certain booklet which we don't have here.
- Am I too old to learn to play the piano or keyboard?
- No. It doesn't matter what age you are or what previous knowledge you bring to the lessons, learning an instrument is always worth it. According to scientific studies, playing an instrument and making music is the best activity to keep your mind young.
- Am I musical enough to play the piano or keyboard?
- Basically anyone can learn to play the piano or keyboard. Progress might be made at different rates, but with practice you can achieve a lot.
Which lesson format suits me?
- How often would you like to have piano or keyboard lessons?
- Quarterly Membership:
With the Quarterly Membership you have a fixed appointment and attend lessons every week or every two weeks. This membership lasts for at least one whole quarter and is renewed automatically unless you terminate your contract.
10 lessons package:
You buy 10 lessons that you can attend on an irregular basis. You can choose whether to spread the lessons out over a semester or a year
- How long should one lesson last?
- We generally recommend 60 minute long lessons. Those who have less time can choose between 45 or 30 minute lessons. For those who would like more freedom in the structure of their lessons would be in good hands with 90 minutes.
- Do you want to have lessons alone or with a friend?
- If you take lessons alone, your teacher can fully concentrate on your needs alone. That way you'll quickly make progress.
With two people you can motivate each other and share the joy and fun of music. In addition you'll benefit from cheaper Duo-conditions. You have to organise your partner for the Duo Lessons yourself.
- Which appointment suits you?
- It's important that you have an appointment that works well for you. You're generally able to choose between lessons from Monday to Friday at midday, in the afternoons or evenings. On Saturdays your lessons can take place in the morning or the afternoon.
All prices per lesson
30 min: CHF 45.-
45 min: CHF 63.-
60 min: CHF 79.-
90 min: CHF 109.-
30 min: CHF 49.-
45 min: CHF 68.-
60 min: CHF 85.-
90 min: CHF 115.-
One-on-one 10 lesson package semester
45 min: CHF 73.-
60 min: CHF 89.-
90 min: CHF 119.-
One-on-one 10 lesson package year
45 min: CHF 78.-
60 min: CHF 95.-
90 min: CHF 125.-
45 min: CHF 37.-
60 min: CHF 45.-
90 min: CHF 59.-
45 min: CHF 42.-
60 min: CHF 49.-
90 min: CHF 65.-
Duo 10 lesson package semester
45 min: CHF 48.-
60 min: CHF 55.-
90 min: CHF 69.-
Duo 10 lesson package year
45 min: CHF 53.-
60 min: CHF 60.-
90 min: CHF 74.-
Loyalty discount: Students taking lessons at SOR for more than 1 year get rewarded with a loyalty discount
- After you had 1 year of continuous lessons you get a 5% discount on all offers.
- After you had 2 years of continuous lessons you get a 10% discount on all offers.
- After you had 4 years of continuous lessons you get a 15% discount on all offers.
Do you have a colourkey card? Bring it with you and you benefit from a free trial lesson and a 20% discount on your first 10 lessons.
Trial lesson contact form
Book a trial lesson right here without any commitment. After the lesson you can choose the lesson format that suits you. Book your trial lesson in an easy and fast way by filling out the form below or just call us at 061 331 75 75.
A trial lesson lasts 60 minutes and costs CHF 79.-. Do you want to get a 50% discount? Just answer the question about School Of Rock in the form below.