Get some low notes out of some thick strings! Music without bass? No thank you! For the bass lays the foundation for every style of music. For a lot of musicians it is also the heart of music. With a bass you' can really make your or your band's music groove or rock.Are you a beginner or already advanced? Would you finally like to be able to play something on your instrument that's just standing around in your room? Or do you just need a new input to amplify your musical skills?
You decide what your bass lessons look like. Your bass teacher completely caters to your personal musical wishes. Do you want to play the Blues? Or do you prefer somewhat harder sounds? School Of Rock offers lessons in the styles Rock, Pop, Blues, Metal, Jazz and Acoustic. You'll be guided to your goals with our modern lesson concept.
Do you successfully want to learn to play the bass guitar, then apply for a trial lesson here !
- Do I have to buy an electric bass before the trial lesson?
- No, you can happily play on one of our bass guitars. We also have an electric bass for left-handed people.
- Can I play on one of School Of Rock's instruments during my lessons?
- Yes, you can. But it generally makes more sense for you to play on your own instrument because you feel more comfortable on it. But you can try our bass guitars any time.
- Do I have to learn to play the guitar before I can play the electric bass?
- No. It doesn't matter which instrument you start with. Just choose the instrument that interests you the most..
- Do I have to buy lesson material?
- Generally speaking no, because we have a lot of material readily available for you to use. But it might make sense for you to buy a certain booklet which we don't have here.
- Am I too old to learn to play the electric bass?
- No. It doesn't matter what age you are or what previous knowledge you bring to the lessons, learning an instrument is always worth it. According to scientific studies, playing an instrument and making music is the best activity to keep your mind young.
- Am I musical enough to play the electric bass?
- Basically anyone can learn to play the electric bass. Progress might be made at different rates, but with practice you can achieve a lot.
Which lesson format suits me?
- How often would you like to have electric bass lessons?
- Quarterly Membership:
With the Quarterly Membership you have a fixed appointment and attend lessons every week or every two weeks. This membership lasts for at least one whole quarter and is renewed automatically unless you terminate your contract.
10 lessons package:
You buy 10 lessons that you can attend on an irregular basis. You can choose whether to spread the lessons out over a semester or a year
- How long should one lesson last?
- We generally recommend 60 minute long lessons. Those who have less time can choose between 45 or 30 minute lessons. For those who would like more freedom in the structure of their lessons would be in good hands with 90 minutes.
- Do you want to have lessons alone or with a friend?
- If you take lessons alone, your teacher can fully concentrate on your needs alone. That way you'll quickly make progress.
With two people you can motivate each other and share the joy and fun of music. In addition you'll benefit from cheaper Duo-conditions. You have to organise your partner for the Duo Lessons yourself.
- Which appointment suits you?
- It's important that you have an appointment that works well for you. You're generally able to choose between lessons from Monday to Friday at midday, in the afternoons or evenings. On Saturdays your lessons can take place in the morning or the afternoon.
All prices per lesson
30 min: CHF 45.-
45 min: CHF 63.-
60 min: CHF 79.-
90 min: CHF 109.-
30 min: CHF 49.-
45 min: CHF 68.-
60 min: CHF 85.-
90 min: CHF 115.-
One-on-one 10 lesson package semester
45 min: CHF 73.-
60 min: CHF 89.-
90 min: CHF 119.-
One-on-one 10 lesson package year
45 min: CHF 78.-
60 min: CHF 95.-
90 min: CHF 125.-
45 min: CHF 37.-
60 min: CHF 45.-
90 min: CHF 59.-
45 min: CHF 42.-
60 min: CHF 49.-
90 min: CHF 65.-
Duo 10 lesson package semester
45 min: CHF 48.-
60 min: CHF 55.-
90 min: CHF 69.-
Duo 10 lesson package year
45 min: CHF 53.-
60 min: CHF 60.-
90 min: CHF 74.-
Loyalty discount: Students taking lessons at SOR for more than 1 year get rewarded with a loyalty discount
- After you had 1 year of continuous lessons you get a 5% discount on all offers.
- After you had 2 years of continuous lessons you get a 10% discount on all offers.
- After you had 4 years of continuous lessons you get a 15% discount on all offers.
Do you have a colourkey card? Bring it with you and you benefit from a free trial lesson and a 10% discount on your first 10 lessons.
Trial lesson contact form
Book a trial lesson right here without any commitment. After the lesson you can choose the lesson format that suits you. Book your trial lesson in an easy and fast way by filling out the form below or just call us at 061 331 75 75.
A trial lesson lasts 60 minutes and costs CHF 79.-. Do you want to get a 50% discount? Just answer the question about School Of Rock in the form below.