Drums & Percussion
The energy and drive that you can get out of the drums is unbelievable and incomparable. Whether Rock, Pop, Blues, Metal or Jazz – none of those genres would be imaginable with the right groove from the drums.
Are you an experienced drummer or just beginning? Do you finally want to be able to play something on the drums that's just catching dust in your cellar? Or do you simply need a new input to bring your grooves up to a new level?
You determine what your drum lessons consist of and your teacher will fully commit to your personal, musical wishes. Do you want to play great Rock hits? Or do you prefer harder sounds? School Of Rock offers lessons in Rock, Pop, Blues, Metal and Jazz. Our modern lesson concept will guide you to your musical goals.
Do you successfully want to learn to play the drums? Then apply for a trial lesson now!
- Do I have to be able to play small drums like the Basler Trommel before I can play a full drum kit?
- No, it doesn't matter which instrument you start with. You can easily start off with the full drum kit.
- Can I also learn other percussive instruments (Congas, Bongos, Cajon...) at the same time at School Of Rock?
- Yes, you can play a range of different percussion instruments like Conga, Bongo, Cajon, Shaker, Maracas and many more. Each instrument requires a different playing technique, but if you can play a rhythm on the drums, you should generally be able to play it on the other percussion instruments too.
- Do I have to buy lesson material?
- Generally speaking no, because we have a lot of material readily available for you to use. But it might make sense for you to buy a certain booklet which we don't have here.
- Am I too old to learn to play the drums?
- No. It doesn't matter what age you are or what previous knowledge you bring to the lessons, learning an instrument is always worth it. According to scientific studies, playing an instrument and making music is the best activity to keep your mind young.
- Am I musical enough to play the drums?
- Basically anyone can learn to play the drums. Progress might be made at different rates, but with practice you can achieve a lot.
- Is it possible to play the drums quietly at home?
- Yes. You can find electronic drum kits which make practically no noise and can only be heard over headphones, though still feel very similar to an acoustic drum kit. That way you can go easy on your family and neighbours ears as well as your own.
- Do I have to be able to read sheet music to play the drums?
- It's not necessary to be able to read sheet music to play the drums. But depending on what music you like and what level you'd like to get to, it might make sense to learn to read sheet music. You can talk about what is best for you with your teacher.
Which lesson format suits me?
- How often would you like to have drum lessons?
- Quarterly Membership:
With the Quarterly Membership you have a fixed appointment and attend lessons every week or every two weeks. This membership lasts for at least one whole quarter and is renewed automatically unless you terminate your contract.
10 lessons package:
You buy 10 lessons that you can attend on an irregular basis. You can choose whether to spread the lessons out over a semester or a year
- How long should one lesson last?
- We generally recommend 60 minute long lessons. Those who have less time can choose between 45 or 30 minute lessons. For those who would like more freedom in the structure of their lessons would be in good hands with 90 minutes.
- Do you want to have lessons alone or with a friend?
- If you take lessons alone, your teacher can fully concentrate on your needs alone. That way you'll quickly make progress.
With two people you can motivate each other and share the joy and fun of music. In addition you'll benefit from cheaper Duo-conditions. You have to organise your partner for the Duo Lessons yourself.
- Which appointment suits you?
- It's important that you have an appointment that works well for you. You're generally able to choose between lessons from Monday to Friday at midday, in the afternoons or evenings. On Saturdays your lessons can take place in the morning or the afternoon.
All prices per lesson
30 min: CHF 45.-
45 min: CHF 63.-
60 min: CHF 79.-
90 min: CHF 109.-
30 min: CHF 49.-
45 min: CHF 68.-
60 min: CHF 85.-
90 min: CHF 115.-
One-on-one 10 lesson package semester
45 min: CHF 73.-
60 min: CHF 89.-
90 min: CHF 119.-
One-on-one 10 lesson package year
45 min: CHF 78.-
60 min: CHF 95.-
90 min: CHF 125.-
45 min: CHF 37.-
60 min: CHF 45.-
90 min: CHF 59.-
45 min: CHF 42.-
60 min: CHF 49.-
90 min: CHF 65.-
Duo 10 lesson package semester
45 min: CHF 48.-
60 min: CHF 55.-
90 min: CHF 69.-
Duo 10 lesson package year
45 min: CHF 53.-
60 min: CHF 60.-
90 min: CHF 74.-
Loyalty discount: Students taking lessons at SOR for more than 1 year get rewarded with a loyalty discount
- After you had 1 year of continuous lessons you get a 5% discount on all offers.
- After you had 2 years of continuous lessons you get a 10% discount on all offers.
- After you had 4 years of continuous lessons you get a 15% discount on all offers.
Do you have a colourkey card? Bring it with you and you benefit from a free trial lesson and a 20% discount on your first 10 lessons.
Trial lesson contact form
Book a trial lesson right here without any commitment. After the lesson you can choose the lesson format that suits you. Book your trial lesson in an easy and fast way by filling out the form below or just call us at 061 331 75 75.
A trial lesson lasts 60 minutes and costs CHF 79.-. Do you want to get a 50% discount? Just answer the question about School Of Rock in the form below.